City of Miami officials and planners are inviting residents to a public involvement workshop for the new Miami 21 development master plan.
Miami 21, launched April 16, is a replacement for the city's old zoning code.
The meeting will focus on development of the city's eastern quadrant. Mayor Manny Diaz and Commissioner Johnny Winton are set to attend, along with city staff, members of community associations and activists.
The firms Duany, Plater-Zyberk and Co. Gannett Fleming, Economic Research Associates and Goody Clancy will give updates.
The meeting will be held at 8:30 a.m. Saturday at Miami Dade College Wolfson Campus' Chapman Conference Center, 300 NE Second Ave., Building 3, Room 3210.
The city will also hold a series of Neighborhood Enhancement Team Open House meetings this month:
• Downtown NET: 6 p.m. July 19, Doubletree Hotel, 1717 N. Bayshore Dr.
• Overtown NET: 6 p.m. July 20, Culmer Center, 1600 NW Third Ave.
• Little Haiti NET: 7 p.m. July 21, Toussaint L'Ouverture Elementary, 120 NE 59th St.
• Upper Eastside NET: 7 p.m. July 25, Legion Park, 6447 NE Seventh Ave.
• Wynwood/Edgewater NET: 6 p.m. July 26, Lombardi Properties, 167 NW 25th St.
For more information about Miami 21, call the Miami 21 hotline, 305-416-2121, or log on to